- Apple is a rich source of flavonoid and polyphenols both are powerful antioxidant.
- Study shown that by eating 100g of apple can give an antioxidant effect that equal to taking about1,500mg of vitamin C.
- Apple contain a large amount of minerals and vitamins that can strengthen the blood.
- Apple contain malic acid and tartaric acid, that can help prevent disturbances of the liver and digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar when used as beverage can help to prevent the formation of kidney stone.
- The skin of Apple contain pectin that can help remove toxic substances from the system by supplying galacturonic acid.
- Pectin helps prevent protein matter in the intestine from spoiling
- For people who suffer from gout and rheumatism, eat apple regularly because it will aid healing
- Eating 2 apples a day will reduce your cholesterol level up to 10 %
- Drinking an apple juice, 3 times a day, is said to prevent virus from settling in the body.
- Another benefit of apple is for those who have problem with their stomach. If you have problem with indigestion, eat apples before meals.
- Grated apple, when mixed with live yogurt may be helpful in cases of diarrhea.
How to Choose Good Apple
- Never buy apples that have not been kept cold since they can be over-ripe in a few days.
- Apples should be hard. If you can dent an apple with your finger, do not buy it.
- Keep your apples refrigerated. If not, it will decay fast.
- To prevent browning, rub the cut surfaces with a mixture of lemon juice and water.
- Canadian researchers analyzing eight popular varieties found that the old standby, Red Delicious, and an apple called Northern Spy contain more disease-fighting antioxidants in their skin and flesh than any other studied. In English this means red apples are better than other apples.